Wednesday, June 3, 2009

JALAPENO CORNBREAD

This was a bit too moist for me - but the flavour was fantastic! I like fluffy cornbread. Noted what changes I will make next time -- haven't tried them yet, so not sure if these will get the results I want ....

JALAPENO CORNBREAD

1-1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal
1 cup self-rising flour
2 TB. sugar
2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. baking soda
1 can creamed corn (used a 16-oz can; but the bread turned out overly moist for me)
2 to 4 jalepeno peppers, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup oil (may cut this down to 3/4 cup next time)
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated

Combine cornmeal thru baking soda. Add the rest and mix well. Pour half the batter into greased 13x9-inch pan, top with half the cheese. Pour in the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake at 400-degress for 45-minutes.


No comments: